Sunday, April 20, 2014

Literary Junkies .April.


This is a little later than expected, but I was out of town this past week when everybody linked up, and this is also my first time. 
Pink Heels Pink Truck

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
The Longest Ride, by: Nicholas Sparks has been an amazing read.  Well listen, I finished it on my way to Seaworld this past week on Vacation loved it.  This book was suggested by the wonderful group of ladies I meet up with once a month and to be honest from the synopsis I thought it was going to go in a completely opposite direction.  I do love a Nicholas Sparks book because it just makes you feel good inside when you are finished reading it!

2. Divergent, Hunger Games, or Twilight. Which do you prefer and why? (If you’ve never read them which do you think you’d prefer?)
I have never read any of these. Not super big on Science Fiction, but I am thinking of putting all of the above on my "to read" list this summer.  I would like to say that Twilight would be the top on my list, this past year I actually sat down and watched all of the movies. (never really gotten into all of the hype, but they were very interesting and thought the books might be the same way.)
3. TV Series Based on Books they start out very close to the book to draw in the fans but then will start to separate themselves by changing things and adding characters. What are you thoughts on this?
Unfortunately I have not read that many books that have turned into series.  I did truly love the series the White Queen on STARZ, and now these series of books are on my "want to read" list. So perhaps it just opens you to liking a different genre. :)
4. You’ve just been recruited to help a movie studio bring your favorite book to the big screen. What’s the movie and who are you choosing to play the main characters?
I'm not sure on the favorite part - so I just use the last book read, the Longest Ride - the main Sophia should be played by Teresa Palmer, maybe the main male character should be played by Matt Lanter - from that new show on the CW, starcrossed (such a hottie)
5. Going back to the above question, do you keep it word for word the same or do you use this chance to change little things you thought would make the book better?
They always seem to change his books, I think it would have to be changed a bit since they when back and forth between characters - with the one it was over the span of one year and the other was only over one week.  So not exactly sure how they are going to do that, but I would be completely open to however to make the story make sense!
6. After you finish a physical copy of a book do you keep it for a reread, put it on a shelf to collect dust, donate it to Goodwill, or do you just not purchase physical copies of books?
It depends on the the book.  If I liked it, than it stays on the shelf - so I can look back at it and possibly reread it.  If it goes the other way, I will just lend it to somebody who might think a little more of it than I did, and ultimately if I really don't think it is worth the time of day than it definitely goes to Goodwill.


No comments:

Post a Comment