Monday, January 4, 2016

Made It Monday - LuLaRoe Style 1.4.16

So I am kind of totally am all about LuLaRoe at the moment.  I am anxiously awaiting an amazing shipment of clothes.  I am ready to get this show on the road so to speak!  So I decided to put my crafting tools to the limits and myself for that matter.  Today was SUPER trying at work, and I was just ready to sit and relax with a nice glass of red.  However, I needed something more this evening, and by more I mean a cute canvas tote to carry my new loot that will be arriving soon!

So here is what I used:


  • Silhouette
  • Freezer Paper
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Fabric Medium
  • PATIENCE

So using my trusty Silhouette Cameo, I was able to make a stencil.  Here is an another great tutorial on how to use Freezer Paper, in order to make a stencil and design:  here

So I first weeded my stencil and laid it on the canvas bag, and ironed it down.  Yay, this took a couple different attempts to get to this process, but I managed and got it done!  

Here is a close up of the stencil, not perfect and that is the reason why it has some imperfections.  However, it is going to be perfect for me!  BTW this was a hard template to lay for me, everything was a piece by itself, and they all seemed to have a mind all to their own.

So here I am finished with my stencil, I had no rhyme or reason with what color I did first, with the exception that I painted that color when I found it in my stash of colors, I had to do a lot of mixing to achieve my colors I was trying to get.  I think mixing turned out ok.  



Finished bag-a-roe, I am so happy with the colors and the positions of things.  
Look, I even got to model with a pair of my LuLaRoe Leggings. I love the swallows on my legs. Who am I kidding I love that they are blue.  My favorite color!  Please forgive the photo, allergy shots made me all splochy this evening, so I photo-shopped the mess out me.  

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful rest of your week! Enjoy it to the fullest!  Love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Cute bag! I need to try using freezer paper for stenciling with my Silhouette. I've only used vinyl. Vinyl's great in that you don't have to worry about all those loose pieces, but it does get a lot more expensive! I've never heard of LuLaRoe...now I need to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete