Sunday, February 15, 2015

30 before 30 -Become Closer to GOD-

Rhonna Design iPhone Make iPhone Wallpaper
Ok - so one of my main goals was to become closer to God before my 30th Birthday!  I am so unsure of where to start with this post.  I will start with the fact that I have been going to St. Paul's on and off since meeting Bobby.  It is his childhood church home and where his mother still attended.  She sings in the church choir and loves everything that is about St. Pauls and the Episcopalian faith. 

I love the idea of family in the church and felt like I was completely excepted here and felt a sense of belonging.  What a relief since I did not feel like I was in the right place at any of the churches I had recently visited.  

So one afternoon after church I just felt it on my heart that I needed to know when I was baptized, so I texted my mother.  Come to find out I was not baptized, NEVER baptized.  I could not believe it!  I for sure thought this the end of the world, but quickly reassessed my situation.  The following week I spoke to the Priest at St. Paul's and talked to him of my concerns.  Before I got off of the phone with him we had a date set with him for the 15th of February.  Whew....I was relieved!  

On the day of Mason and I's baptism I was completely awestruck in the fact that I had so many of my friends there to share with me this time.  They filled up an entire pew, and I was completely grateful for their love and compassion that they showed us as we took this next step in our faith.  

Here are some of the pictures from that day!
Mr. Bedford (Mason's Sponsor) , Myself, Mason, Connie (mother in law and my Sponsor), and Rev. Keith Emerson

Us in front of the alter

One Happy Family!

So I am so glad to say I feel home with St. Paul's and feel content with my spiritual life.  Not that there isn't more work to be done and more learning to know, but I feel at peace that I am finally on the right path!  


No comments:

Post a Comment